As promised, we have completed our first file, and loaded it into the site. It is called "political football".
The word document is basically a fun look at the various states each
2004 Presidential candidate carried, and the schools and winning
records within those states.
Be sure and stop by our "files" area in the navigation at left to download the file.
Some of the findings-
- College football is very red, with 75 schools in states carried by President George W. Bush, and only 32 carried in states by John Kerry.
- Schools in states won by President Bush had a cumulative record of 443-396, for a .528 win percentage.
- Schools in states carried by Kerry had a cumulative record of 188-192 for a .495 winning percentage.
- The conferences generally swung nearly completely for one candidate or the other. Only the Mid-America Conference had any semblance of a mix, with 9 of 14 institutions in states carried by President Bush.
- The President also netted 8 of the top 10 teams and 17 of the top 25 (Associated Press), but he could not claim the national champion USC Trojans, who were in Kerry's California and beat a Bush-backed Oklahoma team.