Don't ask. Or just see Stephen's post in the SEC v. Pac-10 forum.
So who would win in some kind of bare knuckles brawl between Pac-10 and SEC coaches?
I'm not a huge student/fan of pugilism, so my opinion isn't all that valid, but here's how I'd seed everyone. Feel free to respond below with comments and your opinion on the final outcome.
- Mike Stoops, Arizona-Sturdy, a little crazy. Survived his older brothers growing up.
- Pete Carroll, USC-Have you seen this guy up close? Mangled hands, nose broken in about ten places. Former college safety. Big chin, and has a bit of a chip on his shoulder.
- Mike Riley, Oregon State-Kind of a subdued guy, but he has that look of where you really don't want to mess with him if you know what's good for you.
- Jeff Tedford, California-Tough guy. Had a pretty rough life at times. Big hitter.
- Dirk Koetter, Arizona State-Kind of ornery.
- Tyrone Willingham, Washington-Former player. Doesn't appear to have a fighter's temperament, but has some toughness.
- Mike Bellotti, Oregon-Had that whole "I break things" incident earlier this year. Former owner of a killer 'stache. Success may have killed some of his old bloodlust, but was a warrior back in the day.
- Walt Harris, Stanford-Meek. But is a Carroll ally and coached at Pitt, so has some toughness.
- Karl Dorrell, UCLA-Doesn't look like a guy who wants to be anywhere near a fight. Former player, but has never really stood up to challengers (such as the L.A. press and boosters).
- Bill Doba, Washington State-Genial, and could scrap, but just too nice of a guy and a bit old compared to his peers.
- Ed Orgeron, Mississippi-The guy's crazy!
- Les Miles, LSU-Definitely a crazy streak to him. Looks like someone who likes to mix it up.
- Urban Meyer, Florida-Tough guy when he's not crying. Someone who has a chip on his shoulder after having to pay his dues.
- Sylvester Croom, Mississippi State-Former player. Tough.
- Bobby Johnson, Vanderbilt-Good frame. Willing to fight.
- Houston Nutt, Arkansas-See above.
- Steve Spurrier, South Carolina-A little crazy, and definitely someone who wants to fight. Former player, probably not the toughest guy around, but gutsy.
- Mike Shula, Alabama-Seems friendly, but also looks a bit ornery. Another former quarterback.
- Rich Brooks, Kentucky-A mad dude because he's going to be fired soon. Age hurts him.
- Phil Fulmer, Tennessee-Big guy and former lineman, but weak chin and poor athlete.
- Mark Richt, Georgia-Tough SOB, but is a nice guy and not the best temperament for the ring.
- Tommy Tuberville, Auburn-No chance.
Again, I know next to nothing about boxing or anything similar to it. It looks like we have a good group of athletic, similarly framed guys here, many who are former college level and NFL level players.
So, who would win?