I've updated this week's schedule. As usual with any early list there are some TBA's out there as the networks iron out the messy details of televising a game.
It looks like ESPN College GameDay will be in Tuscaloosa for the Alabama/LSU game. It's good for college football that Alabama gets a GameDay visit and some attention. Unfortunately their team is a trainwreck on offense, although Kirk Herbstreit will be sure to gush about why that's alright.
What's interesting is that we have nearly a full week of games as a rare Tuesday night game is on the slate (Southern Mississippi @ Marshall, 7:30 PM Eastern on ESPN2), as well as an even more rare Sunday night game (Southern Mississippi @ Houston, 5:00 PM Eastern) that was rescheduled due to one of the hurricanes that struck the gulf coast this year.
Games that catch my eye:
- Boise State @ Fresno State-WAC championship on the line Thursday night
- Northwestern @ Ohio State-Both teams are playing well right now
- Indiana @ Michigan-Will the Wolverines be caught looking ahead to Ohio State?
- USC @ California-Always interesting
- LSU @ Alabama-Probably another SEC mudfest, but there's always potential for teams to play to win instead of not to lose
- Arizona State @ UCLA-Will the bruins fold or put up a fight after last week's thrashing?
- Auburn @ Georgia-Shockley's first start since injury. Do the Bulldogs want to finish strong? Is Auburn peaking at the right time?