Mostly taken from the Rivals100 list, I've watched video of most, discussed their abilities in some fashion with others.
- Mario Manningham, WR, Michigan-Looks like a good athlete.
- Victor Harris, Ath/CB, Virginia Tech-Should develop into a very good football player. Nice speed/size combination.
- DeSean Jackson, WR, California-Stunning open field skills, great quickness, and going to a program that knows how to use receivers and has the passing game to showcase one as good as DeSean.
- Jason Gwaltney, TB, West Virginia-Ran that funny wishbone offense in high school. Great vision, speed, size. Should become WV's best back ever if he remains healthy.
- Marlon Lucky, TB, Nebraska-Size, decent speed, great pure running abilities. It looks like Nebraska will also feature him to some extent in their passing game. A guy who will play early, fast-tracking his development.
- Kenneth Phillips, S, Miami-One of those "great athlete, great
size, immediate impact at strong safety" guys like Darnell Bing, Roy
Williams, and Sean Taylor. Plug-and-play.
- Mark Sanchez, QB, USC-Will have to wait and also face off against John David Booty next year, but does everything well, has a great feel for throwing the ball, great leadership abilities.
- Fred Rouse, WR, Florida State-A bit of a strange character, but
incredible physical abilities. Talked like he was ready for the
NFL before even enrolling as a high school senior.
- Melvin Alaeze, DE, Maryland-A dominant rush end who can play
early. Gifted. Great first step, manhandles lineman or can
just go by them.
- Patrick Turner, WR, USC-People talked about Dwayne Jarrett being the next Mike Williams. That was a poor comparison, as Turner is much closer to the real deal. He's a faster Williams, perhaps an upgrade as scary as that sounds.
- Jamaal Charles, TB, Texas-Somewhat of a sleeper, his film looks real good. Skilled open-field runner, sheds first-wave contact quickly.