As always, these are power rankings. Its good to see some early sorting out and shaking out going on. Apologies for the lateness of this. D'oh.
- Florida -- Default.
- USC -- A shaky No. 2, hmm? And now Matt Barkley's hurt and probably won't play Saturday. Taylor Mays may get shelved, as well, as Pete Carroll goes up against the understudy.
- Alabama -- Shaky last week, but ...
- Texas -- Lots of slow offensive starts last week in the top three.
- Ohio State -- Letdown week?
- Penn State -- Not much separation between them and the Buckeyes.
- California -- Sneaky.
- Cincinnati -- They're a machine early on.
Tier II -- Miami, TCU, BYU, Boise State, Oklahoma, Virginia Tech, Oklahoma State, Notre Dame, Michigan, Auburn, LSU