As always, these are power rankings
- LSU (+1) - Say hello to your new, nearly-unquestioned leader. Don't let us down Tigers.
- Florida (+1) - Because as of now I don't see anyone a "better" team behind them.
- California (+1) - This is a good team, but now they're almost accidental contenders. Show us something. And then do it again.
- Oregon (+2) - So difficult to defend.
- USF - Everyone says their offense is bad. I say it's there if they need it.
- Oklahoma (+1) - Solid win over a much-improved Texas team.
- West Virginia (+1) - Now two weeks removed from USF defeat.
- Boston College (+1) - Kinda shaky Saturday.
- Ohio State (NEW) - Hangin' around, which is more than most teams can say. That defense has been fantastic.
- South Carolina (NEW) - I have a love/hate thing with this South Carolina team. They do just enough and that's not going to cut it anywhere except this wacky 2007 season.
- Arkansas (NEW) - Shaky Saturday against a nobody, but they're a known quantity.
- USC (-11) - SPLASH! Hard to drop them much farther in a power ranking, as irritating as that is. If I did this in a different way they'd plummet. Well maybe they'll tank against Arizona this week and do the work for me. Every week's a season!
- Cincinnati (NEW) - Officially making a Big East title run. Just ... wow.
- Missouri (NEW) - They've burned me before but so far so good after exploding against Nebraska Saturday.
- Illinois (NEW) - Defense? Check. Run game? Check. That tickly feeling of ascendance that makes teams outplay themselves? Check.
- - - L u r k i n g - - -
Boise State, Auburn, Kentucky, Kansas State, Arizona State
- - - O u t - - -
Georgia, UCLA, Purdue, Wisconsin