Every week, some changes.
- Florida -- Playing sort of how I felt they would, looking like a No. 1 but not the impregnable machine everyone sort of fears they'd be.
- Alabama -- The 'Tide do almost everything right. If McElroy ever develops into a powerhouse quarterback they'll be ridiculous.
- Texas -- May have finally found a running back. About time.
- Penn State -- Went in hiding for a few weeks but GameDay's out for their revenge game against Iowa.
- Cal -- Shaky at times against Minnesota but rallied. Can Jahvid Best ever stay healthy for a full game?
- Miami -- The challenge this year will be performing consistently once the rough early schedule passes and excitement wanes.
- USC -- Still hasn't figured out how to play consistent offensive football since the split with Norm Chow. Disappointing.
- Ohio State -- Went to the air last week to positive results while pitching a shutout against an explosive (albeit MAC) offense.
- Cincinnati -- Defense has surprised and they're playing hard.
- Ole Miss -- Jevan Snead is the star but the defensive line really gets after it.
Tier II (no particular order): LSU, Florida State, Oklahoma, Michigan, Notre Dame, TCU, Boise State
Tier III: Auburn, Clemson, Virginia Tech, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, Washington, Oregon State, Fresno State, Houston, BYU